Thursday, February 27, 2014

Countdown to Florida.....T-minus 12 Days!

I feel like I have been preparing for our vacation to Florida for the past year, when really it's only been 6 weeks! I remember the days when I could pick up and go to the beach for a weekend and literally pick up and go to the beach THAT DAY, without a care in the world.

Those days are far behind. I am a planner. I might even say OVER planner. I think once you have children your mind goes from carefree to worst case scenario even when going on a trip to Target 5 minutes down the street. This condition can only be cured with proper planning and preventative maintenance. Haha.

I have planned outfits (for four), making sure we have swim suits, CHECK, warm weather clothes, CHECK, cold weather clothes (just in case), CHECK, timing out our stops and traveling, CHECK. Looking up weather details, traffic details, where are the closest hospitals? Also, my "notes" in my iphone is filled with things to remember like: check tire pressure, check oil, diapers?, sippy cup, tablet, nintendo DS?? Yes, I need to be reminded of things and am CONSTANTLY making lists! It also helps the over planning condition!

After I worry myself with every detail, clothing option, and car maintenance I think to myself, "AMANDA, this is supposed to be FUN!!!!" and worrying is NOT fun. Finding the fine line between over-planning stress and FUN is KEY! The key to success? Maybe... but, definitely the key to my sanity.

SO, with that being said, I am trying to loosen up on my planning/worrying and realize this will be a fun vacation to see family and friends! If I forget diapers, guess what? 300 places sell them! If I forget socks, I'm sure we will manage. Besides, who needs socks in beautiful Florida sunshine?!? haha

Now that it is nearing the day of departure, I am getting more excited and less stressed and that makes me happy!

We are going to be visiting my grandparents in New Symrna Beach, FL (where I was born), and then taking the kids to St Augustine to do all the fun historic things and meet with Jeff's childhood friend and his family. My Mom will also be traveling with us to help with these two ANGELS we have who absolutely LOVE the car (insert sarcasm). Very grateful she is coming.

Moms- sometimes it's good to let loose and have fun! Remember that worrying takes out of the FUN!

These are some pictures of our trip last year to Florida! I'm getting excited seeing that bright sunshine!


No comments: